Director - Jason Potts (Pottsy)
My first excuse to own a bike was in the early 1990’s. I was working and my wife needed our only car to manage the day to day life of our young family. I convinced her that a motorcycle was a cheap solution to get me to work and back. That was one of the few times in my life when I couldn’t wait to head off to work and while I was there all I could think about was the fun of the ride home! It’s the best way to unwind and take a moment out of the day just for yourself.
In the early 2000’s I was self-employed and a customer of mine was heading overseas for several months. He didn’t want to leave his Harley in the shed so I offered to “do him a favour” and look after it for him. To my surprise he thought that was a great idea! Well it took me until 2015 to finally get my own Harley. The kids are all grown up now and left home. We have eight beautiful grandchildren. I love them all dearly and my Harley still gives me that same feeling of relaxation and freedom to unwind and enjoy life!
- Works with the Sponsoring Dealer to uphold the “Annual Licence for H.O.G. Chapters” and H.O.G. operating policies.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the administration of the H.O.G. chapter and implementation of Harley Owners Group policies.
- Signs annual H.O.G. Chapter Licence Application and ensures it is received in H.O.G. office by 31 December.
- If chapter is incorporated, ensures chapter complies with all corporate state annual filing requirements, if applicable.
- Promotes H.O.G. and the H.O.G. chapter to potential members.
- Conducts chapter meetings.
- Coordinates chapter officer responsibilities.
- Ensures that risk management requirements pertaining to the Chapter, including procurement of necessary release forms, are met for all chapter activities.
- Verifies that chapter T-shirt guidelines are followed.
- Ensures that all trademark requirements are met.
- Ensures that chapter merchandise orders are supplied to the Sponsoring Dealer.
- Ensures Chapter Officer News® is available to all fellow officers.
- Routes H.O.G. correspondence to fellow officers and to membership, as requested.